From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:09:09 +0200
In answer to this:
> latelly a raw vegan baby died

Amadeus wrote:

You can read about such cases once and again.
I think it's not wise to cite such single cases. In
the *west* somewhat between 1 or 5% of the population
considers itself to be vegetarian. Maybe 0.5% are
vegans. You wrote about one blind malnourished child.
What about the other vegans? How many of the
meat-eaters have children with birth defects due to
malnourishment?

Greetings Amadeus!
What I think makes cases like this (true, they are not
many, but even in Sweden some vegan children have been
reported as seriously malnourished) suitable to be
printed by the papers as "horror of the day" is the
ideological fanatism that causes the damage. It's much
like when a nazi hate-crime makes the headlines and a
drunk beating up and killing someone doesn't.

When people on a SAD diet have children with defects
this happens because of a lack of nutritional
education and taking the diet to a sub-standard
extreme. When vegans have malnourished babies this is
IN SPITE of an often encyclopedic supposed "knowledge"
on the topic of eating. It's also only natural that
people are outraged when humans rather let their VERY
OWN children die (or be otherwise severely and
chronically damaged) rather than even letting them
parttake "the fruits of slavery": milk and eggs. I'm
not even talking meat here!

I'm on this list because I believe in eating according
to scientific facts, not according to some idealist
ideology. I , for one, can't digest gluten or soy
properly. It's no fun having people tell you, that you
should either get used to the idea of living a
shortened, diseased, miserable life (since the two
major sources of vegan protein are off limits to me)
or else kill myself!

Sincerely;
Erik F.

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! Express
Se mer på: http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html