From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:19:51 EDT
In a message dated 6/27/2003 3:50:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> After eating, blood glucose
> drops before it climbs.  After one meal we had, mine dropped to 45.  It
> stuck in my mind because he said he'd be in a coma if his dropped that low.

This would be true in only the rarest of cases. The glucose level always
rises after eating food unless there is some other outside influence present such
as injected insulin or a very high intake of alcohol. I have been at 44 mg/dl
and was able to take the necessary steps to raise my level. I had a friend, a
type 1, who passed out and had a reading of 17 when we injected glucose into
his abdomen. 15 minutes later he was fine and back to work. My BG readings
usually run 60 mg/dl to 100 mg/dl. Everybody is somewhat different (especially
Diabetics) and it takes time to find your proper nitch that suits you best.
Actually using a BG meter is very simple, it's what you do with the data that can
become more complex.  JerrySteg