From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:16:02 -0500
>  raw starches ? not very appealing !

There were always a lot of raw starches that appealed to me--potatoes, sweet
potatoes, fresh shucked corn on the cob, (winter) butternut squash, fresh
shelled peas, and raw peanuts come to mind.

When I was a kid my mother would always tell me not to eat them or I'd get a
bellyache.  But I never did, that I recall, and I never lost my taste for
these raw foods.  Much later when I got older I'd think about this
sometimes, but just blew it off because my mom, being a true Southerner,
believed in cooking everything to death.

Theola