From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:25:47 -0700
--- Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> how does the first lead to the second? does the
> swelling cause strokes?
>
> andrew

Andrew, Sorry, I'm not a medical expert so I can't
really help much. All I know is, it's called Hepatic
Encephalopathy. If you look it up on the web you can
find lots of information about what happens. It's
probably due to the fact that the liver loses the
ability to remove toxins from the blood, and this
toxin build-up leads to nerve damage.

Jens

http://sbc.yahoo.com