From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:24:57 -0700
At 5:25 6/17/03, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry wrote:
>A friend of mine is affected by pollens in grasses , and i would like to
>provide him with exemples of peoples who have dealt with this condition with
>a paleo diet .
>he is japanese and eat and are willing to eat a very wide varieties of foods
>, have been off wheat for a while now on my recomendation  but that was not
>enough to stop the symptoms , tho he improved .
>he is willing to go all the way to paleo but need more incentive to put
>faith into it .
>can you share some thing with him from your own experience ?
>do you think quitting soya products like  soya sauce will be an important
>step ?
>what about rice ?
>thank you
>jean-claude

I used to eat Asian-style all the time. I have foregone all grains, of
course, including rice, and all soy-based products. I think this was a very
important part of my dietary revolution. Quitting these things alone might
not help if other non-Paleo items were still included, but they are just as
inappropriate as other products of "modern" agriculture, and since they
make up such a huge portion of an Asian diet, quitting them is essential
for health, IMHO.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!