From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 18:22:25 +0200
> kind "boursin "( french cheese with herbs and garlic ).

Umm, that sounds like a good reason to me.

> also young ones are not fat and might have not interested too much the
> hunter ( and the scavenger will not expect the carnivorous to leave much
of
> a young ).
> I never heard of hunter gatherers seeking out cheese that way .
> jean-claude

We don't know what they actually ate - only look at what modern
fisher/hunter/gatherers do. The rest is guessing with ourselves as a
"yardstick". We evolved from them. What is normal behaviour for us very
likely was for them, I think. I mean they would immediatly recognize what
they found in the stomach and they would know that it was edible with or
without the green bits. Carnivores like cats and dogs always start with
eating the stomach and its contents and the inuits eat the seaweeds in the
stomachs of the seals.
Eva