From:
Craig Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:00:43 -0500
You wrote:

>Good grief, Craig --- what an awful experience for you!  You're
>obviously highly sensitive to the bad stuff.  And this is what continues
>to amaze me, i.e., how some of us are so hyperreactive (and I'm one of
>these myself), while others seem to blissfully glide through life eating
>any old thing with never a stomach cramp or a rash (my husband, bless
>his soul).

Until I went mostly paleo, I could gorge like this without the
violent side effects---but I imagine it's like an alcoholic who
keeps a high alcohol level in his bloodstream, yet doesn't get
excessively drunk or ill; once he dries out and his system
recovers, then if he drinks a lot, the reaction will be much more
extreme.

I think my point is that our bodies *want* to be this sensitive,
but most of us, through years of abuse, de-sensitize it to all
sorts of poisons.  I'm just glad I'm able to see things from the
other side of the fence now.

.:. Craig