From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:34:02 EST
In a message dated 1/27/2003 8:45:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Subj:[P-F] Fasting and the Ketogenic Kickstart
> Date:1/27/2003 8:45:49 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> This ketosis discussion has been very timely for me.  Last Wednesday
> evening, I started an experiment.  Here's the theory: It takes about three
> days without food for males (2 for females) to induce ketosis.  I'd done
> fasting twice, but both times I quit the very minute I reached 72 hours.
> The friend who talked me into fasting in the first place would complain
> that
> I was quitting just when I was really starting to see the benefits of
> fasting, that hunger was now gone and it wouldn't hurt to go on.  But since
> fasting obviously isn't the only way to ketosis, the experiment I came up
> with says that I fast for three days, then eat low carb thereafter.  By
> doing so, I'd be getting much of the cleansing effects of the fast as well
> as a ketogenic kick start.  (Not unlike what mankind would have experienced
> in periodic food shortages).
>
> The results so far?  Well, the expected five pound weight loss (again, I'm
> not overweight), physical and spiritual renewal from the fast.
> Unbelievably
> increased senses of smell and taste.  Newfound enjoyment for my food.  And
> I'm still in ketosis and losing weight though I started eating the night
> before last.
>
> Soon, I'm going to back off the ketosis and start to add some fruit to
> level
> off weight-wise before I get too thin.  But it's been a very interesting
> experience.

WHY WE FAST. OUR BODIES DO THE RIGHT THING WHEN WE NEED TO FAST, I.E.,
PHYSIOLOGICALLY REST
Why do we involuntarily go into sleep, comas, faint, become unconscious,
develop convulsions, fevers, symptoms, loss of hunger, physiological
dysfunctions, pathologies and diseases? Our bodies are overwhelmed with
excessive stress, excessive enervation and excessive toxemia, with which our
inherent intelligence is unable presently to cope and to adapt. Therefore our
inherent intelligence forces us to physiologically rest, i.e., to water fast,
so as to homeostatically survive, despite our self-destructive incorrect
physicality, mentality and spirituality.
Our bodies always do the right thing. We are passengers on the train of life,
not the conductors. Since life began on earth, our inherent intelligence
within each cell of our bodies, has learned to make the optimum adaptation
and resolution, to any problem to which our bodies are subjected. Whatever
stresses our bodies presently have, every cell of our bodies has successfully
learned how to cope with such, previously. It is already built into our
genes, our chromosomes and our DNA. Our inherent intelligence, if it chooses
to cause us to physiologically rest, i.e., to water fast, it does so to
protect us. This physiological rest, i.e., this water fast, helps us survive,
despite our self-destructive lifestyle, thinking and spirituality. Our
physiological rest, i.e., our water fast, is for our protective benefit.
Our need to physiological rest, i.e., to water fast, will spontaneously
disappear, and genuine hunger will return, when the cause and need for our
inherent intelligence to cause us to physiologically rest, i.e., to water
fast, no longer exists.