From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:07:32 -0800
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:25:11 EST, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 1/25/03 1:10:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>
>> , I would say that only a
>> minority were consuming sufficient supplies of protein.
>>

>How can one best determine if one is consuming sufficient protein during a
>ketogenic diet? The Eades have a method set forth in their books of
>determining what they consider to be minimum protein requirements -- but I'm
>wondering if these amounts are "sufficient" if one is on a prolonged
>ketogenic diet.  Thoughts?

The Eades' book "Protein Power Life Plan" is entirely Paleo in its outlook and
foundation, and takes into account what is known in theory and in their
clinical observations about diet and health, so personally I would feel
comfortable following the dietary recommendations in that book.   (The Eades
have always had a ketogenic "induction phase" in their diet plans.)

( It's slightly too advanced for "Joe Sixpack", but shouldn't be a problem for
anyone reading this list. )

--
Cheers,

Ken