C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:58:00 -0400
Hi Kyle,

            The only thing I have against guns, is the false feeling of security they give people. It is one thing to own a gun - its another to be able to shoot someone. Now having said that - I believe any action against guns is another just putting out fires rather than solving the problem. The problem is/are people. Guns are no more harmful than ice picks, butcher knives, fists, baseball bats and cars. Anything can become a weapon in the hands of person. We have advanced weapons and Cave man brains. Frankly, we don't need to outlaw guns we need to outlaw people. That would solve the gun problem. About 10,000 years ago we almost became extinct - we have never lived in peace - not even with our most beloved, I am highly curious how long it will take us to get to a higher level of thinking - than me, mine, and screw you. This has come more clear since I got custody of Alex - people are giving me a halo for what is just the proper thing to do. They can't understand taking a child in to begin with - then the fact I don't get any renumeration is so beyond their thinking that I an really considered odd, or very angelic. I just think if we placed a little less emphasis on us and our belongings - and gave that little emphasis to caring for others - there would be less death, fewer suicides, less crime, etc. Of course, I know I am naive and stupid to think such stuff, and even more naive and stupid to live like that. I must have gotten off on the wrong planet for this lifetime. LOL

        And I looked up the numbers - and I keep coming up with 8 million legal handguns - which is about 1/3 of the population. I wonder what the number and percent of illegal guns and gun owners there are.

                                             Trisha