From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:45:58 -0700
Proxy? What I read about proxy was that you had to
split echolink in to 2 parts, 1 running on a computer
with a dedicated internet connection, and the other
part on the computer you're going to operate with.
They can't use the same internet connection, and it's
for people going to a motel where they have wifi,
where you have 1 way access to the net. The section
said that it would be useless for home users having
problems with their internet connections. Are we
talking about the same thing? Tony vk3JED didn't even
mention this to me, and he's the guru of the echolink
yahoo group when it comes to firewalls.
Shawn
--- Handiham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Shawn,
>
> You might try going to echolink.org and looking at
> the section that explains
> how to operate though a proxy.  This will sometimes
> work when nothing else
> will. There is a list of public proxies and at least
> one or two support port
> 80.
>
> 73, Pat
> Regards,
>
> Patrick Tice

"[log in to unmask]"<[log in to unmask]>

http://messenger.yahoo.com