From:
Richard and Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 23:51:03 -0400
Hi Lou;
Actually the tilt over mount was something I was considering.  My current
antenna is on the roof of my two story home.  It isn't easy to get people to
climb up there if I need antenna work.  I made the mistake of looking at the
gap web site and some other reviews and the antenna sounds rather
interesting.  How much mast do you have between the antenna and the ground?
Can you give me a general description of the tilt over mount and the
counterpoise?  I looked at there site but the text didn't offer much other
than saying that these items were wonderful.
Does this tilt over mast and all from the ground?  Since it is probably at
least 35 feet including the mast how hard was it to raise?  It sounds like
they used 1 & 1/4 inch pipe.  Did you use anything particular to be certain
the mast didn't bend?
I'm not going to put one up tomorrow but if and when I have inevitable
antenna problems it might be a nice option.  I can find many more helpers if
they don't have to climb.
Rich