From:
Brent Harding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:40:30 -0500
That's what I sort of wonder. I live across the street from the technical
college, heard a lot of those are put on buildings like that. I never
thought too many people use them any more, a friend's scanner receives the
frequencies and there's activity there. I suppose the antenna on the th-f6a
is more general coverage than meant for more than 2-meters, although on
Sunday on the way up here, 440 was working quite well! I know the
interference here though must be specific to the area, the transmitter
emitting this stuff must be exceptionally old, and/or dirty.