From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:01:00 -0400
Tom,

You don't need the decimal point on the ham bands, but that's not
universally true.  For example, if you want to listen to an AM station at
850KHz, you have to use the decimal point.  Actually, you may need it for
anything below 100MHz.  I'd check, but my HT is at the other end of the
house.  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong <grin>.

Steve