From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:30:01 -0000
Hi Harvey,

Well, for what it's worth, here is how I set the tone.  First, set squelch
to unsquelched so you have receiver noise.  Then, press 7 until you hear the
noise go away and then reappear.  This is no tone.  Press once more for
tone.  Then, press A and 7 to get into the tone set menu.  Turn the knob on
the top counterclockwise until you get a beep.  This is 67.0.  Now, using
the little tone sheet on I Can Work This Thing.com, count tones.  For
example, our big tone here is 103.5 so I just count 14 clicks from and
including the beep and then press the joy stick to the right.  It works
every time here for me.

Good luck and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX