From:
richard & Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard & Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:41:57 -0500
            How quickly we forget. When I got into ham radio back in the 70s
a accessible manual was out of the question.  I generally tried to look
trough a radio at a local ham fest and pick up the basics before buying.
Although not perfect, the info on I can work this thing is a good step in
the right direction.
Secondly, have any folks who have downloaded and listened to the info
figured why handihams is having qst read on their web site when it is
available from nls on cassette? Have they included info that is omitted from
the cassettes?
Last but not least, someone earlier had questions concerning the current
ic706.  I agree it is more usable with a key pad and speech for frequency
entry. I can't help but be curious as to how usable it is with these extras.
A totally all band radio would be fun but what about those menus?  Can one
really use the thing without knowing anything about the menu info?
Rich