Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:16:28 -0600

g3yxx wrote:
   >aren't you re-inventing the wheel?
   >Their are two phenomenal logging programs which run under DOS
   >Trlog written by N6TR which has radio control, auto send, dupe
   >check on the fly, report writing, cabrillo log format (needed for U.
   >S. contests nowadays), and loads more user definable facilities
   >along with scoring. It is relatively inexpensive, but can't recall
   >the price as I bought a life time licence several years ago.
POssibly but I'd looked at a couple years ago when running a fidonet
bbs.  I was looking for the ability to enter things directly from the
command line and have the computer available for something else.  Also
since a large percentage of what I do is public service stuff I wasn't
finding anything that took care of such logging chores, so we had to
start out inventing that wheel.  sO I built the other modules for the
bulk of the work my station does and then made myself a little module
for contesting and another for dx stations etc.

sOmetimes it's a little bit of fun to reinvent the wheel when the
wheel you invent works as you want to work I guess <g>.  I don't have
radio control and all that, but my antique radio wouldn't support it
anyway <g>.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania