From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:49:58 -0700
I back up the Sharp talking time one (original) with a remote trigger plug on the end) with a radio in the next room turned up loud.

Emerson advertised a  year ago a smart clock (non talking) which wold  automatically stay updated with WWVB   I was intrigued as you could set dual alarms for his and hers for example and also have different alarms for different days of the week as well.    I sure liked this idea as it was pretty much a set (possibly difficult the first time) and forget item which cold save me as I forget to reset if I am out of the  routine for some reason.  Too bad this one did not talk, as than would be ideal.

thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
[log in to unmask]     http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax  208-334-2963

sOmebody wrote:
   >Another good talking clock is the atomic talking clock.  Its very
   >acurate and requires no setting.  Its available from some of the
   >blindness related vendors.
How good is it as an alarm?  Need something to wake us up in the
morning.  WOuld like to have one if it serves as a good alarm.
sOmething like my talking time from Sharp is just much too wimpy to
get my posterior out of bed in the morning and same goes for xyl.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania