From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:20:29 -0500
Hi Tom,

I read parts of the THF6A manual when I first got the rig, if my memory
serves me correctly, I seem to remember that there was a caution about over
charging the battery if you left the rig plugged in to its wall wart for
more than 8 hours.  I bought two additional battery packs and a drop in
charger from W&W manufacturing.  The rig's manual was not specific about
whether the battery was being charge while the rig was turned on, but I
would assume that it is though I'm not sure if the charging rate is the
same.

Another thing that bothered me about the caution about the battery in the
Kenwood manual was that the wall wart that Kenwood supplied seemed to be a
smart charger that would cut back the charge rate when the battery was fully
charged.  Maybe the caussion only applies if you run the rig with the
wallwart connected. for extended periods.

Hope that helps!

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
FIGHT TRUTH DECAY!