From:
michael ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:29:56 -0500
Hi all:

Can anyone elaborate further on the new Kenwoods
referenced in the subject line?
I went to universal-radio and according to the
dimensions, these rigs are smaller than the TS-2000
series.  I believe that the rig is in two pieces, the
main unit and the panel or possibly the display.  The
new voice synth option is apparently called theVGS1.
It announces freq and records and transmits received
audio.
I hope that Kenwood has finally solved the problem of
blind users having either A, remembering a pile of
numbers in the menu items and sub items or B keeping
some sort of cheat sheet with in reach.
From what I also gathered from the future available
accessories, there will be 2 PC programs available.
These programs most likely are for Internet remote
access.

73:
Michael VO1RYN