From:
Roy Nickelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:25:41 -0400
hi,
I don't recommend disabling the firewall instead follow these instructions
from

http://www.qsl.net/vk2jtp/xpfirewall.htm

XP Firewall Setup

XP Firewall Setup

Left Click .. Start > Settings > Control Panel > Network Connections

Highlight .. Local Area Connection and Right Click

Left Click .. Properties

This is the screen you should now have displayed

Click the Advanced Tab

Check there is a tick in the checkbox as displayed below and click Settings

On the Advanced Settings, Services .. Click Add

In box provided "Description of Service" enter .. TCP 5200

In the next box "Name or IP address .... " enter your computer name

Exactly as shown in Control Panel > System > Computer Name

Be sure you enter the "Full computer name" exactly as displayed.

Do not confuse this with "Computer Description"

In the next box "External Port for this service" .. enter 5200 and bullet
TCP on the right of this box.

In the next box "Internal Port for this service" .. enter 5200 and click on
OK.

On the "Advanced Settings" screen click Add and repeat the above for UDP
port 5198.

In box provided "Description of Service" enter .. UDP 5198

IF USING A SINGLE (not networked) computer

In the next box "Name or IP address .... " enter your computer name

Exactly as shown in Control Panel > System > Computer Name

Be sure you enter the "Full computer name" exactly as displayed

Do not confuse this with "Computer Description"

IF USING A NETWORKED COMPUTER

In the next box "Name or IP address .... " enter the STATIC ip address of
the computer running EchoLink

In the next box "External Port for this service" .. enter 5198 and bullet
UDP on the right of this box.

In the next box "Internal Port for this service" .. enter 5198 and click on
OK.

On the "Advanced Settings" screen click Add and repeat the above for UDP
port 5199.

In box provided "Description of Service" enter .. UDP 5199

In the next box "Name or IP address .... " enter your computer name

Exactly as shown in Control Panel > System > Computer Name

Be sure you enter the "Full computer name" exactly as displayed

Do not confuse this with "Computer Description"

In the next box "External Port for this service" .. enter 5199 and bullet
UDP on the right of this box.

In the next box "Internal Port for this service" .. enter 5199 and click on
OK.

On the "Advanced Settings" screen check there is a tick in the boxes for
each service just added.
hope this helps
Roy
KG4JBN