Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:22:52 -0700
I will wade in on the ts2000 opinion.

Having 2 of them side by side and a good 6 meter beam at about 60 feet I
didn't have the problems Kevin described.  Accessibility, useful no
problems.  I also have a th6dx for H.F. bands and there again I have no
problems.  I had the ts870s for years and while it has the absolute best
audio amplifier of any radio I have ever used the shaping that can be done
with the ts2000 caused me to go ahead and sell the ts870s especially since
you have greater control of the ts200.

I am also of the opinion that Kenwoods in general have larger audio
amplifiers in them.  Icoms typically  have 1 watt audio amps and Kenwoods
such as the ts940s have a 3 watt audio amp.  If audio is important to you
then I am of the opinion the Kenwoods have it there.

Now, this of course is subjective and I don't want to get a debate going
here but the one thing I will say as I did above is the ts2000 is nothing to
sneeze at and for the most part would hold it up against most other rigs
especially when combined with usability.

Brian, k5in