From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:58:43 +0100
Hello

Here in the U.K. we have two methods.

1.  a thick paste which you can mould round the connector's body and
onto the coax.  I received some with my Butternut vertical so I guess it
is available in the U.S.

2.  Something which is called 'self amalgamating tape'.
This is a rubberised tape which comes in a reel and will stretch for up
to 4 times its resting length.
When you tension this and wrap it round PL259/coax and in other
situations, if you warm it with your hands it adheres to itself and
forms a mass which later has to be cut of with a knife.

Additionally, I have friends who use silicon external sealant which come
in a cylinder about 12 inches long and two in diameter with a nozzle,
and is applied with a gun with a pistol grip action.
This is a difficult substance to use if you haven't any useful sight.
This though is probably the most available as it can be found in builder
supply outlets.

By the way to Brett and anyone else who knows me through the list or
over the air, Liz and I became married on 19 July after our long
apprenticeship.

73 to all de Dave - G3YXX

In message <[log in to unmask]>, w4hc
<[log in to unmask]> writes