From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 23:42:22 -0500
Hello all.

Please try not to laugh too hard at this question, but here goes:

I am trying to get Echolink to run on an old Pentium 133 Dell computer in my
ham shack.  It has a windows 98 SE operating system, 128 megs of RAM, and I
am using Jaws 3.7U.  The computer has a 56K modem.

The computer constantly gets hung up in the middle of operations.  In fact,
I can't even get through the echolink test, which can be accessed by
clicking on node 9999.

Could it be that this computer is just too obsolete to handle echolink, in
conjunction with Jaws?

Does anyone know of anything I can do to solve this problem, short of
putting the old computer to rest and sending it to the great computer heaven
in the sky?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks as always, and best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ