Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 06:12:33 -1000
From:
Kirt Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Bruce:
> You will need to support the claim that we can't find raw
> brazil nuts, un-shelled pistachios, walnuts, pecans, sun-
> flower seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, and almonds at the
> least.

You can't find them commercially without much effort. Most are dried at
high temperatures. Brazil nuts are a case in point. I have eaten them
in the Amazon and they taste more like chestnuts than what is found in
the store.

> A "stop" doesn't necessarily mean we've satisfied
> our body's needs. It may only mean we have saturated our
> taste buds, filled our stomachs, or gotten bored.

Who knows?

> I've eaten up to half a pound of nuts a day, along with
> other paleo or raw or low-carb foods, and LOST weight.
> So I really don't think it matters if we eat "too much",
> unless we eat nuts to the exclusion of meat, eggs, organ
> meats, seafood, etc.

I didn't say anything about weight. Only that truly raw nuts have a
more pronounced stop. If that doesn't sit well with you, that's OK.

Cheers,
Kirt