Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:59:37 -0400
"Theola Walden Baker" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > >Shelling nuts by hand would prevent over-eating them. I
> > >doubt that primitives ate large amounts of nuts, except
> > >for coconut in some regions. Too much trouble to break
> > >them open. Not as healthy as animal foods.
>
> Having to shell nuts doesn't keep me from overeating them.

Define overeating. I've eaten up to half a pound of pecans,
walnuts, and brazil nuts a day without gaining weight and
often losing weight. As long as you don't eat nuts to the
exclusion of other foods (esp meat, poultry, seafood, and
eggs), don't worry about it.

I eat unsalted raw nuts, shelled by hand or one at a time,
chewing each one at least 30 times. I also drink water
along with them. That helps make me full, and I think it
aids digestion with dry foods like nuts and dried fruit.

-Bruce Kleisner