Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:29:59 -0400
From: Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>

When saturated fat is blamed for increased cancer risk in the context of a
mixed or high carb diet, I
> believe that the excess carbs are the culprit, not the saturated fat.

Hi, Adrienne.  I think that is probably correct.  I didn't mean to imply
that I thought a high sat fat diet causes cancer; rather, I haven't seen any
evidence yet that points to a high sat fat diet being "safe" re. the type of
cancer that I'm concerned about.  It's pretty difficult to find research on
recent paleo dieters i.e., modern humans living in an urban setting and
consumming paleo foods while being exposed to all the cancer causing forces
present in cities.  Also, as my focus is on breast cancer, I read the
research re. breast cancer and only occasionally read about other forms.

No doubt the combination of a high sat fat diet and high carbs is a risk
factor for health problems of many kinds:  heart, autoimmune, etc.

Kath