Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:16:16 -0600

Walt wrote:
   >The QST that we get now is relatively on time.  Only a month or so
   >late. They come on cassette and are usually on eight sides.
<snip>
   >remember getting them, sometimes as much as a year late and they
   >were on cassette.  That was in the late seventies and the president
   >of ARRL, Vic Clark narrated it.  He was from the Carolinas and he
   >told a story about himself and a neighbor with a similar call.  His
   >call was K4 KFC and his neighbor was K4KFK.  Vic would sit there
   >and listen to his neighbor call CQDX etc. and when he have his call,
   >Vic would just do a single dot.  About half of the time, the
   >station came back to Vic.  His neighbor, would just say he has done
   >it again.
IIRC VIc's call was w4kfc, but I remember hearing that sotry as well.

Btw I often griped about the lateness of those QST issues, but VIc
CLark got good at describing wiring diagrams even.  He'd learned from
Bob Gunderson obviously.

WOuld that we had readers for it now with the ability to read the more
technical material and sound comfortable with it.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania