Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:34:30 -0600
7bit
From:
Patrick Tice <[log in to unmask]>
Kris,

The most effective thing I have found is Spampal, a non-profit effort to
fight spam.  It is at www.spampal.org and is free. However, since it does
involve setting up a proxy server on your hard drive as part of the
installation, it is not for the faint-hearted computer user! The directions
are all on the website and in the help files. After installation, the
operation of your inbox is pretty much the same way it was before, except
without the garbage. You can check the spam folder before you dump it if you
wish, as there can be mistakes with any filtering system.  Finally, if using
a system like this in an office environment, you need to determine if your
mailbox actually resides on your own local hard drive or on an Exchange
server.  If it is on an Exchange server, it is something your information
technology department would have to deal with installing.

73,
Pat
Patrick Tice