Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:28:54 -0500
Hi Bob.

I think you will get passionate endorsements on both of the major screen
readers, and the JAWS users will swear up and down that JAWS is best, and
the Window-Eyes users will swear up and down that Window-Eyes is best.

In reality, I think you will find either one to be a considerable
improvement over the screen reader that is built into Zoomtext.  The
reality is that both have strengths and weaknesses.  For my own use, I like
JAWS, but that is because it fits my style of computer operation a little
better.  I could certainly do the job with Window-Eyes.

Anyway, I feel your pain as I went through a sharp vision loss after being
a good partial all my life, and the transition was and is painful and
frustrating at times.  Anyway, I think you won't be disappointed in either
of the screen readers when you decide that you are ready.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 11:00 PM 1/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_00A4_01C3E529.5AA3A600
>
>Well, I'm not as good as some of you.  I Filed a license renewal =
>application and printed it out for my wife to review.  Seems my system =
>didn't pick up some of those arrow down boxes therefore my application =
>was not complete.  Tried to do it over with better half at computer but =
>system will not allow me back to the form.  It says license is being =
>processed.  Know it will come back 45 days later as not completed =
>properly.  Part of the problem was that I didn't see therefore didn't =
>correct hmy e-mail address on the form.
>
>Dalled FCC to see if they would zap the application and let us try =
>again.  No luck today as they closed early due to the ice storm we are =
>having over here.
>
>I am transitioning from ZoomText Xtra to a full featured screen reader.  =
>Have read spreads on JAWS and WindosEyes.  Just hate to give in to the =
>reality that my vision has dropped to 2/200.  Three glaucoma surgeries =
>to remaining eye in 2 months.
>
>Later will be getting feedback on which screen reader to buy.
>
>73
>Bob Martin
>KC3FI
>

>------=_NextPart_000_00A4_01C3E529.5AA3A600

>Well, I'm not as good as some of = you.  I Filed=20 a license renewal
>application and printed it out for my wife to = review. =20 Seems my
>system didn't pick up some of those arrow down boxes therefore = my=20
>application was not complete.  Tried to do it over with better half =
>at=20 computer but system will not allow me back to the form.  It says =
>license is=20 being processed.  Know it will come back 45 days later as
>not = completed=20 properly.  Part of the problem was that I didn't see
>therefore = didn't=20 correct hmy e-mail address on the form.
>
>Dalled FCC to see if they would zap the = application=20 and let us try
>again.  No luck today as they closed early due to = the ice=20 storm we
>are having over here.
>
>I am transitioning from ZoomText Xtra = to a full=20 featured screen
>reader.  Have read spreads on JAWS and = WindosEyes. =20 Just hate to give
>in to the reality that my vision has dropped to = 2/200. =20 Three
>glaucoma surgeries to remaining eye in 2 months.
>
>Later will be getting feedback on which = screen=20 reader to buy.
>
>73
>Bob Martin
>KC3FI
>

>------=_NextPart_000_00A4_01C3E529.5AA3A600--