Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Subject:
[[log in to unmask]: [fpqrp] PigE Rock - Freedom Radio!]
From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 01:11:54 -0500
Now this sounds like a project we could sink our teeth into as blind
guys (and especially as blind novice builders), eh? Parts that are big
enough that we can actually get a grip on things and make connections
easier, maybe? If anyone else is interested, join us...membership in
the Flying Pigs QRP Club Int'l is free, there are no rules (except
that you have to have fun), and they're really nice guyZ! Visit
http://qqq.fpqrp.com ... and to join the list and get your own FP
number. ... Well...there are instructions on the page.

73 and OO (that's oink oink)

----- Forwarded message from Jon Dee Coulter <[log in to unmask]> -----

To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]

My fellow Porkers and Porkets!
 Today has been great!  I can't believe the excitement over the Freedom
Radio project!  You got my vote - LETS DO IT!
 I'll recap some of the notes from today.

 We need a leader.
Altoids Case 1 tuve/valve radio
 Real BREAD BOARD bread board (Dollar Daze $1)
1920's - 1930's style bread board
 RCA Tubes / Tube manual
Parts procurement, group orders
 Flying Pig Tube Builder Page - www.qsl.net/wb0wao/fptub.html
 Spam Can
Cigar Box
 novice band
rock bound
 one, two, three or more tubes
search the net for plans
 search books for plans
come up with our own plans
 readily available power supplys
come up with a plan to be able to use different power supplies without major
adjustments
 use common tubes
rower range 3-5 watts (4 1/2 - 5 please)
 transformers
doublers
 cw
SSB
 integral switching power supply (ie: LM2587-ADJ)
Battery power / AC power
 tube AM tranmitter
currently available stuff
 METERS (voltage, amp, watt, etc) lot and lots!
bread pan
 12v battery

 These are the notes I recall right now.  I can not wait to read more!
 If I knew what I was doing I would try to make a great radio first.  Plan
for the best and modify to meet your needs.  We all know that a radio is
made up of different sections.  Why not try to make the various sections as
stand alone parts.  That way if you didn't like the VFO you would just
un-plug the hole Vf
VFO and plug in another one that you prepared.  If the second one was worse
than the first then you would just plug the first one back in.  I like
flexability and a modular design would do just that.
 We need to keep the cost down but not at the expense of quality.  We want
this project to be special for everyone.
 So far the votes are about tied for (bread board, Altoid's can, Spam can,
other).  I would love a nice breadboard project that could be on my mantle
for the whole world to see. (I don't have a Mantle!)
I'm proud of what I do but I don't like to brag.(?)  If I had a neet rig
sitting out for others to see then I could humbally tell them about it.
 This has to be a teaching project.  If not then lets just go out and buy a
$30 kit and elmers glue it together.  I want to know why that resister goes
some ware and why its important.
 The instraments we ues to assemble and testthe radio must be simple and be
reasonibly priced.
 I don't know how long it will take us to complete this project but when
its done it would be nice if it was good enough to kit.  Why should we let
all the other clubs get written up for their wonderful projects?
  We could even use this tube project as the basis for a competition for
FDIM 2004! Or even the Build-a-thon.
 Enough for now.  I'll be having great dreams tonight!!!  73

                   72/73
                   "OO"
              Jon Dee KC8USU
                ARES/RACES
         FP-532, NoGa?, QRPp-I-715,
            Alaska QRP Club #612,
BAARC, TCARA, ARC-DAT, TC-LEPC, AL, NRA, ARRL
       BSA Venturing, Woodbadge "FOX"
                   Turtle
            Caro, Mi, 48723, USA
           43:25:11 N, 083:26:29 W
  Where ever you go, there you are, be there!
                  :^) (^: