Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ed Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:56:28 -0330
Hi there April.
The issue of using echolink in conjunction with a router and the inherent
problems is a quite common one.
First, I recommend that your friend subscribe to an yahoogroup devoted to
echolink which is so named.
Either do a search on yahoogroups for: echolink
Or, alternatively, one can write to:
Basically, the short explanation of what your friend needs to do for
echolink to work with the router is forward some ports using either the
router's port forwarding tools or trigger port features.
The forwarding is:
5198 udp
5199 udp
5200 tcp/ip
And, the ports must be forwarded to the internal nap ip addy of the box upon
which echolink is installed.
So, of course, it logically that if one is using echolink on a network where
nat is used (one public ip too many private ones) that only one copy of
echolink can be ran.
Good luck and hth.
If I can help further let me know as I've set this up.
And, lastly what's your call and congrats, give me a call on Echolink when
you get a chance and for that matter what's your call sign as well?
73 and 88
Ed - VO1ELB