From:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Biggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:43:03 -0500

This was a lot of information.hope it is some help.
I recently found some stuff: Threelac at www.candidafree.net - read the
fine
print - it is not just for gals.  anyway, we are on to something with
this yeast infection thing.  the Threelac stuff was dramatic, and they
emphasize doing what is right for you with it.  I stopped taking it and
will use it as needed.  It does make a person more fatigued at first,
The "bad flora" you refer to may be bacterial infections.  This needs to be
diagnosed by an advanced, or holistic MD using a sophisticated lab like
Great Smokies.  You are totally wasting your time and money with (most,
maybe not all) traditional Western MD's, at least in the US.  The treatment
is usually with Cipro.  There is available a stool kit called a CDSA, from
which an advanced lab can diagnose intestinal bacterial infections, levels
of candida, and all sorts of other things going on your gut.  Along with
the
antibiotics, if you show positive for one or more of these "bad guys", the
treatment also has to be a zero to 20 mg.'s of carbs a day for about a
month

Just had my first doctor visit today
since getting my diagnosis over the phone and left her
office with a lot of ammo against yeast (candida, bad flora)
which includes a month's Nizoral prescription (to kill yeast
- if this doesn't work it'll be a month's worth of Diflucan,
which will be expensive!) and a bottle of good flora (like
the ones I've taken off and on over the years from the
health food store - acidophilus, bifidus, etc bacteria).
She says it's essential to heal my gut and I have to get rid
of my twenty-year yeast problem to do that.  She tells me to
beware of sugars, mostly, and she has me on very low complex
carbs.
Why don't you eliminate all grains for awhile and let your intestinal
tract heal for a couple weeks if not longer.   I'm on another support list
for people with severe allergies and gut problems and many can't tolerate
probiotics until their gut heals.  If you do decide to try the probiotics,
try and get one that is dairy free.  Jarrow makes good probiotics that are
dairy free, heat stable, and resist stomach acid.  You could also try l-
glutamine powder (1,000 - 3,000 mg.) a day on an empty stomach with water
to help heal the gut.  My son and I take enzymes from Houston
Nutraceuticals (www.houstonni.com) 866-757-8627  They have been very
helpful for us.  Many celiacs are often allergic to other foods.  The big
culprits are usually dairy and soy but it could be something else.
Okay, you could   have food allergies/sensitivities in addition to celiac
disease.  Don't get a RAST test that will tell you nothing. That test dose
not pick up food sensitivities. I know the thought of being even
more restricted doesn't exactly make your day, but I would really check
into this.  I kind of look at it this way, if your immune system has been
under
stress as with most undiagnosed Celiacs, then I would think there is a
greater chance of developin these food sensitivities because your immune
system is working so hard.  I have heard from many people who are Celiacs
have these kind of  issues.  Also, the Yeast thing is also something that i
have read can cause food sesnsitivites to come about too.  I am not a Dr,

but have a lot of experience with many of these issues in my family.  Hope
this helps!