From:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:21:00 -0500

Hi again,

After receiving several messages from listmates -- some inquiring as to why
the chicken on the sandwich (without the bun) would be GF and not in the
salad.  Some indicated that they eat the Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
without croutons and with the chicken from the sandwich with no problems.
They cut the chicken themselves to be safe.

I called McDonalds customer service again at 1-800-244-6227 and they
verified that the chicken used in their salads is different than the chicken
used in their sandwiches.  The chicken used in the salads DOES contain
gluten.  They said that the salads are premade with the gluten containing
chicken.

Now, I do not know if you can get your McDonalds to make you a fresh salad
using the chicken from the sandwich or not, but I guess that would be an
option to try if you wanted to.  That would be up to the individual.

I hope that this will clarify the confusion surrounding the chicken issue.

Happy GF Eating!

Barbara in Missouri