BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:14:25 GMT
Hi John A.B.,

Another program you could try is WordAloud.  You can download a
free evaluation copy from:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk

It is currently configured as a browser rather than email reader,
but I have used it for reading email, direct from the file
containing the email text.  WordAloud takes a different approach
from the normal screen reader - instead of interpreting what
is on the screen, it reads the text directly from the file where
it is stored.  WordAloud is only $44.95 for a personal copy.

BTW, the settings can all be changed from the keyboard.  Is your
mother able to find letters on a keyboard?

Regards,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk