RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:38:01 -0700
Jerry Story wrote:

>Laurie Forti has an article about why instinctotherapy stinks.
>
>http://www.ecologos.org/instinctotherapy.htm

I don't think Laurie Forti has ever tried instinctive eating. He and
John Colman are totally against eating animal products. Can one count on
anything they say about instinctive eating? Anything that doesn't fit
their program is attacked as wrong.

I attended 3 or 4 instincto workshops and was very impressed with the
quality of food presented. I also found the ideas useful. You learn the
selection process and you  learn the indicators that tell you when your
body is signaling you that it has had enough. I still use this to guide
me in my diet even though I don't bother with all the rigid rules. I
find that I can even apply this to cooked food.which is considered
impossible by the instincto theory. The real test of a diet is
determined by its workability independent of any other ideas of its
proponents.

As peter Brandt mentioned, there was a lot of intincto discussion on
raw-food in 1995-1997. Check the archives if you want to know more.
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/raw-food.html
http://www.beyondveg.com also has some intersting discussion of
Instinctotherapy.