C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 13:24:56 -0600
Kyle,

I'm kinda familiar with the area you're talking about; my dad owned a
part interest in a hunting camp not too far away from there back in the
late 60's, or early 70's.  He only kept it for two years, because he
didn't have the time.  The one time the family spent significant time
there I couldn't go, because I'd just had an ankle fusion for toe-in on
my right foot.  Instead, I got to spend the summer with my grandparents
and favorite cousin touring the black hills. BTW, they didn't touch the
camber! ;-{)}  Next time my brother's in the state in the summer, I'll
talk him into going up to Torrey Canyon.  He's a geologist, so he could
probably figure out a way to deduct it!

We complain about Californians, too...  (I saw a bumper-sticker last
time I was in Denver that said "Don't Californicate Colorado" - Nothing
personal Mag, or anyone else from California)  Wyoming's currently most
famous politician is basically a Texan.  I like Dick as an individual,
although I disagree with some of his politics.  I do wonder how long
it's been since he spent the entire month of February in Wyoming.

IMH is loosely affiliated with UW, in that the allied health careers
majors (med tech, etc.) do some of their clinical training there.  The
hospital is small enough that a lot of the students get farmed out to
Casper or Cheyenne.

I remember the fires.  A good friend of mine from college was killed
fighting them that summer when a snag fell on him.

Kendall