Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:38:01 +1000
.
< How can we distinguish cravings caused by dietary deficiencies versus
 cravings caused by other things such as food allergies, emotions, etc?>

if there is no negative health reaction you can't have grounds for calling
it
a craving/addiction.

Another observation about the cat and kittens was that the mother let
them take milk for a very long period, about 4 months, far longer than the
textbook figure [6 weeks?].
their mad-capped behaviour stopped as soon as they stopped taking milk
from the mother.

this leads me to wonder: perhaps the chronic delinquency of modern youth can
be traced partly to
premature weaning which they then try to make up for later in life
with sugar, alcohol and drug addictions?

andrew