From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:29:05 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> But the pasteurised mik is not.  The problem only lies here, as for humans.

This makes sense to me up to a point as many people who have problems with
pasteurized dairy products (bloating, gas, cramping, etc) have no problems at
all with raw dairy products.  But there are some people such as myself that get
the bloating even with raw dairy products in the form of cheese.  I have never
had raw liquid milk nor raw butter or cream as these are not available in
Manhattan.  Raw French and other imported cheeses are available and I've tried
many, yet still get bloating problems, constipation and water retention.  I'm
wondering if the fact that I ate tons of pasteurized dairy as a child and teen
growing up in Nebraska (cow country) created some sort of intolerance to dairy
proteins for me.  I also had tons of stomach problems as a kid but never
connected it to dairy and never thought of myself as being an allergic type.
Pollen, animal dander, etc never bothered me and I never got hives or anything from
any food.  On the other hand, my doctor who eats dairy but only raw, organic
dairy products thinks that it could be a sensitivity to molds (some of the
most delicious raw French cheese has this wonderful layer of blue mold running
through it -- I can't recall the name but it is delicious) and that is what may
be causing my symptoms or possibly that I just have a problem with cassein.
He says some people are just sensitive to it -- but he eats a low carb meat
based diet w/ organic, raw dairy and is in fantastic shape.  I'm jealous.