BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 15:20:15 -0500
Yes.  The building, the people, the surrounding communities, and more.
Its odd, perhaps silly and more than a little sad that security here in
the heartland is not all that much different from what I remember in
Singapore in the mid-70's.  In my smug fashion I chaulked it up to
petty facist quasi capitolism and well deserved paranoia.  Now I see
those young people at the airport carrying M-16's and I feel sad.  If
the work truly is dangerous, lets give it some old expendable dudes.
These kids belong in college raising hell, or in factories making
stuff, and home every night making babies.

Second time in a week an email made me feel dirty.  (Mine, not yours.)

-jc