Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:52:01 -0600

JOhn wrote:
   >I'm one that if something doesn't look very strong
   >to me I don't put any strain on it, and I have a base setup in the
   >house and a mobile in the car so I don't have to worry about it too
   >much unless I'm on vacation and even then I usually just use the
   >rubber duck.
DItto here, but at first handhelds were my only radios and I had an
amp for two meters.  nOT a good scene for life of antenna connectors.
NOw I've got one in the car and a bass unit as well and since then
ahve even refused to hook up the ht in the mobile when I didn't have a
mobile that did tones.

I guess it's called horses for courses, and an ht is a horse for a
certain course.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania