From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:46:18 -0400
Kris:

Relax.  If you have good antivirus software and your virus definitions
are up-to-date and you don't have a virus on your machine, pay the post
no heed.  It was probably sent to maelstrom by a computer infected with
a viruswhich forged the address(es) it used in sending the message which
provoked the response you saw.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing has become quite common over the last
year.  I don't even bother to warn people that they might have a virus
anymore as most of the time their computers had nothing to do with it.

Welcome to the twenty-first century!

Mike Freeman < K 7 U I J >