From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:18:00 -0400
This is not really an unusual task.
Most new HDs come with software specifically for this task.
What I usually do is temporarily disconnect the slave and connect the new
drive in its place (Change the jumpers). It's not necessary to actually
install the new drive at this point-just find a stable place to lay it while
the data is transferred. Run the software, which is very straightforward,
then remove the old master and install the new drive in its place (Change
the jumper again). Re-connect the slave and you should be in business.

My system has a 4gb hdd that I have WXP and all my main programs in, and a
20gb slave that I use for storage. I want to replace the 4gb drive with a
larger one, and this may sound stupid, but can the entire 4gb easily be
temporarily transferred to the slave, and then transferred back to a larger
one, or would I need to create another partition in the slave, and change it
to a master, or, what is the best, easiest way to accomplish this unusual
task?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml