Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:53:32 +1300
All I know about this scanner is that one of my customers bought the same
model and plugged into the W98SE system I'd built for him.

Along with the computer, I had also supplied a regular type scanner (an
Acer, can't remember the exact model) which had never provided any config
hassles in previous systems.

But I had so many problems getting the regular scanner to run alongside the
Prime unit, I ended up telling my customer that I wasn't prepared to support
my system while he continued to use the Prime Film. And that's the way it
stayed.

Another recent customer added a negative scanner to his system and has had
no such problems, but it was a much more expensive unit than the Prime.
Maybe it's one of those 'get what you pay for' situations.

Regarding scanners in general, I have to say that these devices have given
me more headaches than all the other peripherals put together.  Recent
models seem to be more user friendly and configureable, but older machines
take a lot of setting up.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown