From:
Joe Zychik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:55:32 -0700
This is a response to a previous post I accidentally
deleted.

You can certainly go on CR and have horrible lipids.
You can do it by limiting your restricted calories to
predominantly trans fatty acids.

A previous poster said my comment that CR does not
necessarily have an effect on lipids was incorrect.
The poster needs to read a little more carefully.

There is a difference between CR and CRON. CR refers
to calorie restriction. CRON refers to Calorie
Restriction, Optimum Nutrtion.

I carefully mentioned that sensible nutrition needs to
be applied in order for CR to be effective at lowering
lipids.

Also, the poster refered to the CR list. Most people
who post on the CR list apply CRON, not CR.

My original post was in response to someone who asked
about CR, not about CRON or the CR list.

Everyone makes mistakes, so no hard feelings. I just
want to get it straightened out that my comment that
CR does not necessarily lead to better lipids was
corrrect. So was my comment that sensible nutrition
needs to be applied in order to lower lipids.

Thank you,

JoeZychik