Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:59:08 +0300
< Nature seems to be very efficient when it comes to the conservation of
energy. I can't see why our energies would be conentrated on hunting
 unless there was a very specific reward involved like good nutrition.>

about 1million calories from a walrus musk ox for example.

Amadeus once hypothesized the existence of a fabled tuber-tribe who lived in
a meat-free paradise of tubers of all kinds.  So I found who they were: the
new guinean highlanders.  no big or medium game or fish up there. but tons
of tubers. so they eat spiders and rats....they're the 'rusty boys' with
their red hair from malnutrition.  and that's with all the tubers included!

andrew