BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:31:44 -0700
Ralph,  You missed out on the VT trip AGAIN?  And I've got all these old
screw drivers and water pump pliers here waiting for you.  Ruth

PS:  The blackout was just a media event to us.  If we hadn't had the radio
on we wouldn't have known anything about it.

At 4:15 PM -0400 8/15/03, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 8/14/2003 8:43:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RLWALTR
tried to write:

There were no problems of any consequence for me with today's blackout.

Seconds after I got off the subway on my way from my office to the Port
Authority Bus Terminal (at the usual time, I might add), the lights in the
Times Square subway station flickered out.  I got my trusty little Maglite
flashlight out of my briefcase, turned it on (the batteries worked!), and
walked on out of the subway station up into the afternoon sunlight and saw
that the building lights and traffic lights on 42nd Street were all off,
and walked another block to the Port Authority.

Lights and power inside there were also off (except for minimal emergency
lighting), so I walked up the escalators to my bus gate, got on the bus,
and came home.  We could see during the bus ride that traffic lights were
out in New York and most of northern NJ,  and that there didn't seem to be
any plane traffic to or from Newark Airport, but power was on in Summit
when my bus got here, and all was in order at home.

That is all the news I have to report.  Mollie and Debbie are on their way
up to Vermont this afternoon to pick up Michael at camp, and I have not
heard from them, but will forward their report upon receipt.

Over and out.

Ralph

From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: RLWALTR
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:43:24 EDT
Subject: Non-Blackout Non-News from Summit
To: [log in to unmask]
CC: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT