BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:04:16 -0400
> And all along I though that the best water in the world was from an
> artesian well in Taylors Island, MD.  My bad.

Aha... I believe you before I believe myself. My bad.

> Don't think that I can recall seeing any limestone roofs.

Cotswald stone cottage architecture. Seen pictures, & seen the scene at
Greenfield Village & met the annual mason brought over for repairs. When
not doing stonework he goes wind surfing on Lake Michigan.

Federal Hall in NYC has marble for the sloped roof. Was up there after
9-11 looking at all the office debris & gray dust. Word of advice...
don't drink no water run-off from any roofs in lower Manhattan - or
upper East side as well. And take it easy on eating leafy vegetables
grown anywhere in the 5 Boroughs... lots of lead from the vehicle
exhaust. Turned me off on urban gardening. Cripes... I got turned off on
LI fresh water fishing after reading abour the Canadian Geese poop and
the inseciticide/herbivore/fertilizaer runoff.

I don't quite know if I want to know what I'm drinking ever since the
bloom from the Brookhaven reactor.

Then again, as to bottled water, Maspeth, Queens... once a swamp until
JW Sr's grandfather got double-paid to dump the previous contents of the
Midtown Tunnel into it, they now sell bottle water from Maspeth, Queens.
I've not seen it but I bet it kills sea monkeys & glows in the dark on a
blue moon.

][<en