BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:36:29 -0400
Dan asked about constructed wetlands:

What happens when you have an excessively humid, wet environment (like
this summer here in Raleigh) and don't get evaporation at the design
rate for the system?<<

In our case we put a 3000 gallon storage tank at the end of cell III and
set up a flow control box that sends water there before it can overflow.
We figure that's good for 100gal/day for a month which is way more than
we use. The tank will then pump water back into cell one when dry
weather causes it's subsurface (it's full of gravel) water level to drop
too far.

Rudy

In general I would guess