From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:36:56 -0700
Speaking of antennas, I'm wondering what is out there for hf.  I'm going
back to Kansas for a week at the end of this month and am taking a Kenwood
130 I just bought at a ham fest.  As my tower and antennas are no more,
fell down last fall, I'm looking for something quick to put up.  I don't
have a tuner, so my g5rv is probably out unless I get a small tuner of
some kind.  I do have a 50 feet tower still standing.  I'm thinking of
something like a windom or trap dipole.  I'm primarily interested in 40
and 80.  Anyone know of anything commercially available.  I just don't
have a lot of time to tinker and don't have tools and stuff back there any
more.  I have a b and W 1.8-30 I use here in Vegas, and that would
probably work, but they are around $200 and I really don't want to spend
that much.
Thanks.
73s
Butch Bussen